Tuesday, 7 February 2017

Compass Box The Double Single

Compass Box keeps spawning quality blended whiskies at a steady pace. The newest blend from John Glaser is all about blending one single malt with one single grain. Hence its name: Compass Box The Double Single.
The idea was brought to Compass Box by Tatsuya Minagawa and Duncan Elphick of The Highlander Inn. Why should you need ten whiskies or more to compose a quality blend? Less is more...

John Glaser already gives away one part of the recipe: 72% of the blend is 19 year old Glen Elgin single malt. the other 28% comes from Girvan...

Identity Card Compass Box The Double Single

  • Compass Box

  • Alcohol: 47% ABV

More information will be added when I have the time to dive properly into the rumour.

Entries from the TTB Public Registry (Alcohol and Tobacco Tax & Trade Bureau) are a fairly reliable source for upcoming new whiskies. Although not all entries make it to the market. There’s always the possibility a brand decides not to launch a whisky, even if the label has been approved. Until the distillery sends out a press release, this whisky should be considered a rumour…

Source: Colas


Post a Comment