After a busy week, I'll try to get you up to speed in less than two minutes on the latest whisky news, rumours and interesting blog posts from the past week.
Douglas Laing reveals Rock Oyster Sherry EditionThe new Rock Oyster Sherry Edition from Douglas Laing is the first Rock Oyster bottling to carry a Sherry influence, having spent the final spell of its maturation in Spanish Sherry butts.
Read the full press release
Ardnamurchan’s maturing spirit has officially become whisky exactly three years after the Scottish distillery laid down its first casks on 1 August 2014. According to the company, the whisky won’t be released until its aged a minimum of seven years, meaning a release date of 2021.
Ardnamurchan now has whisky in its warehouse
Whispers I heard through the barley...
Compass Box No NameA new limited release with a backbone of an undisclosed Islay single malt, some Clynelish and French oak finished whisky. It does not feature a name as the whisky should speak for itself… Hence its name No Name
More about the label on the Tumblr microblog A Tasty Dram
Some more interesting reads, sees and hears
- Unfiltered - Seguin Moreau cooperage (smws.com)
- Richard Woodard - Let's hear it for cheap blended scotch (scotchwhisky.com)
- The Whisky Sponge - All Macallan To Be Fake From 2018 Onwards (whiskysponge.com)
- Mark Gillespie - Whiskycast episode 652 (whiskycast.com)
- Ralf Mitchell - Ralfy Whisky Review 670 Laphroaig 6yo (youtube.com)