The annual Special Releases from Diageo are the worst kept secret in the whisky industry. Since the (beautiful) label for a 29-year-old Pittyvaich turned up in the TTB Database, Diageo seized the opportunity to tease the world with the line-up of this year's Special Releases.
Like last year there is no sign of Brora and Port Ellen. Neither will there be an unpeated Caol Ila or a blended malt. Unless they kept a few surprises up their sleeve.
|Source: TTB Public Database
Special Releases 2019
- Cragganmore 12 year old - A complex and intriguing bottling that combines Speyside elegance with a touch of spice and smoke.
- Lagavulin 12 year old - A truly spirited, yet youthful expression from our iconic Islay distillery, our home for over 200 years.
- Cardhu 14 year old - A supremely elegant and unique expression of our warm-hearted Speyside Scotch.
- Talisker 15 year old - A sweet, yet deep and spicy bottling layered with unmistakeable maritime flavours.
- The Singleton of Glen Ord 18 year old - A different and delicious spicier expression previously never bottled.
- Mortlach 26 year old - The Beast of Dufftown at its most impressive
- Pittyvaich 29 year old - A rare sighting from this ghost distillery that delivers a mature and smooth single malt.
- Dalwhinnie 30 year old - An extra matured and unusual older expression which retains its undeniably gentle character.